Monday, October 19, 2015

Art Journal Page - Shine Bright - ArTsY MoNdAy

Hi friends!

Today's art journal page is inspired by the beautiful galaxy. From reference photos, I saw different shades of purple and blue with some yellows. Therefore it's natural to add those colors to my journal background. Galaxy pictures or paintings always lead me to a very relaxed state. The thought of how endless and how colorful the universe really is, oddly calms me down. Yes I am fully aware of how weird I am, lol. I guess I can call art journaling a somewhat art therapy even though technically it isn't one. But if it keeps you calm, helps you find yourself, or just purely fun time for you, I guess it's a therapy in some way.

For this art journal page, I used BrushO powder watercolor first. But I realized that the colors aren't dark enough, so I added some watercolors too. To break apart the busy colors in the background, I added some white texture using a Tim Holtz Stencil. By doing so, the gold stars will show up a lot better and won't look like they are blended in with the background.

Here are the photos, scroll down for video tutorial as well.





T U T O R I A L




P R O D U C T
- Finetec Gold Watercolor Set: 
(this is where I purchased my set.)
- Brusho color crystals 12 set: 
-Liquid Gold Leaf
-Fineline Masking Fluid
-Gansai Tambi Watercolor 36 Color Set
-St. Petersburg Watercolor 36 Color Set
-Starthmore Visual Journal 140lb
-Tim Holtz Layered Mesh Stencil
- Rubber Cement Pickup Tool (Masking Fluid Pickup Tool)


Thanks for looking
Stay Creative <3

No comments:

Post a Comment